To raise awareness and to systematise the work on social responsibility in the supply chain, Byggvarubedömningen’s members asked us to create a system for assessments on suppliers social responsibility. This was launched in 2016/2017.
Byggvarubedömningen’s social responsibility criteria are found on Byggvarubedömningen’s Code of Conduct, which is based on:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 32
- The ILO Core Convention on Forced Labour, Child Labour, Discrimination and Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining (no. 29, 87, 98, 100, 105, 111, 138 and 182)
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The UN Convention against Corruption
In addition, suppliers are expected to carry out their work on the basis of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This work can be summarised in six steps:
- A policy commitment
- Communicating the policy commitment to employees and additional players in the supply chain
- Division of responsibility
- Procedures for carrying out risk analysis to identify and prioritise risks
- Procedures for monitoring compliance and following up risks
- Procedures for preventing and managing deviations
Self-assessment form & Assessments
Byggvarubedömningen recognises the social responsibility assessments as a first step to help suppliers start working on these issues in both their own operations and in the product supply chain. With this in mind, assessments are not mandatory. Instead suppliers are encouraged to report their sustainability activities transparently through this self-assessment form. If you need more information on social responsibility expectations for suppliers please see our criteria document or read this document.
Once the supplier has answered the questions, the document is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org which will register your self-assessment to the products covered. There is no cost associated with registration of the self-assessment in Byggvarubedömningen.
If you are interested in assessing your self-assessment form, please contact email@example.com. The self-assessment will be assessed based on the requirements in our criteria document. The cost for assessing the self-assessment is SEK 5 000.